I haven’t done everything, but I think I’ve done a lot. My goal is share with the world the lessons I’ve learned along the way to help others “get after it,” whatever their “it” is.
In no particular order…
In 2019, I joined the E38 Academy as its Director of Marketing and Communication. We provide online training for people in the national security and risk assessment fields. Check out our website and consider taking a course!
From 2014 to 2020, I worked at the Central Intelligence Agency supporting strategic communications.
- I’m also a CIA leadership instructor and networking course instructor.
- I worked a previous stint at CIA from 2007 – 2011 as a military intelligence analyst.
- I served as a liaison to the US military at Bagram Air Base, Afghanistan in 2008.
I commissioned in the Navy reserve in 2009 and deployed to Bahrain and Jordan in 2013. I received my honorable discharge from the Navy in 2017, having earned eight different awards/ribbons and two badges.
- Prior to the Navy, I was in Air Force ROTC at The Ohio State University, where I was selected for pilot training before being medically discharged.
- I attended the Air Force Academy’s Freefall skydiving program in 2003, earning my basic parachutist badge.
Since 2015, I’ve been a volunteer music instructor at the Sitar Arts Center in Washington, DC, where we provide arts education to at-risk youth. I teach guitar, bass guitar, and stage presence classes.
I used to be a financial adviser from 2006 – 2007 at Ameriprise Financial, where I earned awards for business and client acquisition, before joining the Intelligence Community.
I’ve performed stand-up comedy, been in the TV shows The Real Housewives of Potomac (as a casino dealer) and Veep (as a Marine).
I’ve dabbled in photography and video editing.
I’ve been to the Ohio State – Michigan football game every year since 2004. I love Ohio State. I despise Michigan, despite the co-founder of my company earning his undergraduate degree from there. (See? We can be cordial…)
I ride a motorcycle, love going to yoga classes, and a play a variety of board, fantasy, and collectible card games. I used to bowl every Friday with my grandfather, until he moved to Florida in 2018. My average was a 168.